Sunday, June 14, 2015

Kaleidescope Quilt

 
I had spied the kaleidoscope quilt hanging on the wall at  Cotton Factory, Ballarat and decided I would hope to replicate the masterpiece.
Hanging at Cotton Factory, Ballarat.
 Using Cloud 9 fabrics, and a neutral spot as the background, I googled Marti Michell and discovered she has a series of online video tutorials.  After viewing them several times, I was ready to cut into the fabrics.

Clear instructions made it simple to cut accurately.

4 pieces cut at once, 4 pieces required for each block.


12 inch blocks, soon sew up quickly

To reduce bulk at the centre seam,-I  ironed the seam open.

Points meeting neatly.

Contrast print from the same Cloud 9 range, to provide interest.



Off to the long arm quilter

This quilt top came together quickly, after watching the Marti Michell online tutorials, certainly helped. I made an extra 9 blocks -- all with the contrast colour, so will incorporate them into the backing - some how!
There has been many Kaleidescope quilts on Pinterest and Instagram - giving me inspiration to make this quilt again
I made 12 inch blocks, this quilt required 2 metres each of the background fabric, and the main coloured fabric, also 1/2 metre of the contrast fabric.

4 comments: