Sunday, July 8, 2012

Study Day and Shopping at Tessuti

We are in the midst of the school holidays, an annual Study Day I usually attend, just happened to fall smack bang in the midst of the hols.  We had all planned to have a few days in Melbourne- but life was too busy at home -so off I ventured on my own.
I carefully planned some retail therapy at the conclusion of the Study Day, perusing the net - before going to Melbourne, taking note of opening hours - and also the distance from the study venue.

First Up    Tessuti Fabrics
What a novel way to promote that this gorgeous shop is open for business
This was hanging over the shop door



A clip from YouTube - promoting the opening of the Melbourne Store
Gorgeous trims, and Japanese sewing books - some printed in English
An array of Liberty of London fabrics
Supersized scissors


This was my loot for the day from Tessuti Fabrics
Linens and Liberty of London




Next up, a quick drive north up Lygon St  to GJ Fabrics, arriving 5 mins before closing time.
I knew what range of fabric I needed - so straight to those bolts
 Sherbet Pips and Little Apples of Aneela Hoey fame

to add to the stash for a project in mind
 And finally  ---progress on my Vintage Modern hexies

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that a great zippy sign..very innovative! I love the fabrics you've shown here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great isn't it, also with a tape measure as the hanger!

    ReplyDelete