Saturday, July 6, 2013

Empire State Building Needle Case

Again looking through Aneela's book, I then made the Empire State Building Needle Case.
I have often been fearful of doing the fill in stitches - worrying that I am leaving gaps or areas not well covered by the stitching. In the book, there are clear instructions and hints to give a much neater finish to your work, following these instructions, they have helped with my little project.

 
 
To complete the project, it was only apt that I use some left over pieces of the American Jane fabric, I had in the stash.
 
Some photos below of the real deal in New York!
 
 
 

The view from the top!


This pilot hovered for some time at the very top of the Empire State Building, enabling us the tourists- to take photos and wave to him!

Lit up at night

1 comment:

  1. This is so good - I didn't realise people still made needle books! I have the one my Grandmother made, must have been back in the 40's. The inside is just made out of flannelette fabric, the edges finished by pinking scissors and the outside embroidered, but not with a relevant design like yours. You will get a lot of use out of your beautifully made one...J

    ReplyDelete