Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sox on a Mug Rug

A small gift was required for a friend, my friend has a Kelpie dog called Sox.  Sox is a well loved and a pampered pooch. A mug rug featuring a Kelpie - was the answer. It was not so easy to find some fabric with a Kelpie, most fabrics are manufactured overseas, the Kelpie is an Australian working sheep dog, most of the fabrics featured Border Collies, Pugs, Dalmatians, Labradors.
I was assured the dog featured is a kelpie, correct me if I am wrong -- it looks very like a chocolate Labrador puppy!

Sox the Kelpie
A mug rug was made, circular quilting with the invisible thread again, my friend was delighted with the mug rug, also the accompanying goodies as well. She chuckled and told me that her Sox had much more white fur, than this pooch on the mug rug.  Ah well --best of a bad lot --the only fabric I could find with a pooch that closely resembled a Kelpie!

No comments:

Post a Comment