Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Zip Insertion into a Purse/Pouch

Last week, I had the good fortune to be told that the super Lisa would be doing a workshop with the local Patchwork Group. The workshop was to learn to make the wonderful zippered pouches/ purses . Lisa sells a multitude of these at the local Makers gallery, and the local markets, as well as her gorgeous quilts. . I knew I would be learning tips from an expert!  I rearranged my paid work - and skivvied off for the morning.
 
Pink Zippy complete and in use
Purses in a multitude of fabrics and embellishments were on display


Lisa was, as expected, a fun and informative tutor, many hints were shared to make the task of zipper insertion so much quicker and easier--- also less daunting.


All appears to be fine from the inside!  A view of the lining.

I enjoyed a wonderful morning, many thanks Lisa for sharing of your precious time, wisdom and knowledge. The conversation of like minded people is always easy, the group were welcoming, and even better - we came away with a finished product.

1 comment:

  1. Your pouch looks great! Have you made more yet? Thanks for the kind words, I hope everyone enjoyed the day and finished their pouches!

    ReplyDelete