Sunday, January 22, 2012

Swoon Avalanche with Kate Spain - Flurry

SWOON  using Kate Spain -- Flurry
Block 1 -- my favourite so far
Block 2

Very Christmassy!   Block 3

Block 4
Block 5
Block 6
Block 7
I started this Swoon quilt back in October 2011, and then put it away as I ordered more FQ's to finish,  I have the motivation to pull it out of the cupboard and complete it  particularly after seeing how many have joined the Swoon-a-along on Flickr.
The background is a white with a red pindot, luckily I had 5 1/2 m of this in the stash  ( think I bought it to smock some little dresses with--but it has been used well here).

Katy  has been brilliant in encouraging and motivating us with the commencement of a  flickr group of Swoon-a-long blocks, and seemingly some already finished quilts.
Two more blocks to go.   I hope to finish these today prior to going to the local lake for a swim and BBQ tonight,  I think it is to be 35c today here.

Hope all are enjoying the heat or cool temps where ever you are in the world.

2 comments:

  1. I have been hoarding a FQ bundle of Flurry for a year and finally decided to make a Swoon quilt with it! Just did a google image search for flurry swoon quilts and found yours - it looks beautiful, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great choice, and hope you have it finished in time for Christmas. i will keep looking on flickr for your progress!

      Delete